Zeidwig Law


Read One of Our Many Informative Articles

How to have a conviction overturned or a sentence thrown out

Sometimes, you don’t get your constitutional right to a fair trial. Prosecutor misconduct, improper jury instructions, prejudicial evidence and other forms of judicial misconduct often land defendants with unjust verdicts and overly harsh sentences.

To have a conviction overturned or a sentence thrown out, you must be able to prove there was a judicial error to the point that the verdict clearly should have been different. You cannot just appeal your case because the outcome was not to your liking; a genuine miscarriage of justice must have transpired.

If you were convicted due to judicial error or prejudice, the court did not carry out justice and you deserve a second chance to have your constitutional rights upheld. Pursuing an appeal to an unjust conviction or sentence is how law enforcement is judicial precedents and keep justice in evolution.

We are ready to help you at The Law Offices of Gary M. Zeidwig. Use our free evaluation form to contact us, or you can send an email at gz@zeidwiglaw.com or give us a call at (954) 523-3993 so we can set up a meeting to go over your case and give you the best advice and representation. Gary Zeidwig is an award-winning trial attorney who has defended numerous clients against criminal charges and has a strong, successful history of effective criminal defense.

Gary ZeidwigComment