What to do if injured in a Automobile Accident
Personal injuries caused from auto accidents result in a great deal of physical and financial damage, both immediately and in the long run. Serious injuries, as well as minor injuries that result in chronic pain, emotional distress, and the financial costs of injury to yourself and your vehicle, as well as missed work, are often the result of someone else’s negligent or irresponsible driving. Some injuries, such as brain injuries, or serious injuries that impair your mobility permanently or for long periods of time, can cost you enormously in future earning potential.
Auto insurance law is extremely complex, and it is important for you to remember that insurance agencies are NOT on your side. They don’t make their money from fully compensating every auto accident claim, and you can easily walk away with less than you are rightfully owed for your pain and suffering.
Being involved in an auto accident is sure to shake you up at the very least. However, it is important to take rational action as immediately as possible to protect your rights. To ensure full financial recovery, follow these post-auto accident tips:
- Have as much of the auto accident documented as you can. Take pictures, or have a friend or family member take pictures of the crash site and the vehicles involved. Talk to witnesses, and keep a record of all of your medical expenses due to the accident.
- Be sure to seek medical attention following the accident. Explain how your injuries occurred and don’t forget to include memory lapses, disorientation, confusion and other non-physical sensations.
- Make sure to document your injuries as much as possible. Have a friend or family member take photos of your injuries and, if possible, your medical procedures.
- Talk to NO ONE about the crash, with the exception of law enforcement officials, without your attorney present, ESPECIALLY insurance agents and adjusters. However, you will want to make sure a report gets filed with the police department.
- Consult with an auto accident attorney as soon after the crash as possible.
Of course, anyone can say they are the best personal injury lawyer, and you will find it hard to tell if you don’t know much about these types of cases and what constitutes the actions of a good attorney. The legal representation you receive is going to be based upon the quality of the lawyer you hire. That is why you need to sit with your lawyer, ask all the questions you have and be reassured that you will be represented in the best way possible.
We have a wide experience in these type of cases and are privy to a considerable amount of resources and legal information. This means that we have more than what is needed to help you win your case, and we can help expedite the process using this vast set of resources regarding personal injury law.
When selecting the right Florida personal injury attorney to help you get compensated for your accident and injuries, you need a qualified firm on your side. It is very important that you get in touch with a Florida personal injury lawyer after your accident. When an accident occurs, you are likely to have all kinds of worries and concerns that will go away once you make that call. We are here to make things easier on you and help you all the way along the process.
We are ready to help you at The Law Offices of Gary M. Zeidwig. Use our free evaluation form to contact us, or you can send an email at email@example.com or give us a call at (954) 523-3993 so we can set up a meeting to go over your case and give you the best advice and representation. Gary Zeidwig is an award-winning trial attorney who has been involved in winning millions of dollars in personal injury compensation for his clients.